My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, July 5, 2010

Snake Bully

I have Miss Topkapi on my lap right now. She's in one of her lazy moods. This morning, however, she made up for that thoroughly. I was sitting at the kitchen table, attempting to read, with Vinicius calmly chewing a bone beside my chair. Topkapi, for some obscure reason, decided to see what he was doing. She started slithering down the table, on to my lap, and down..towards the dog's mouth. Now, if you are new and have not seen pictures of this particular dog, I encourage you to do so by clicking on his name in the tags section. I'll wait.

He is a monster. Now, imagine Topkapi's little head heading straight for his mouth and front paws. She was almost touching him by the time I woke up and realized what was going on.
She must still have whiplash from how hard I yanked her back. She's insane.
It's incredible to me that she is the same python who used to snap at every moving thing that passed her way, including the dogs. If one of them got near her all hell would break loose, and now she provokes them. She's so confident that I will protect her no matter what that she goes out looking for trouble. Spoiled, bullying snake.

No comments:

Post a Comment