My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dark Towers

Today it will just be a quick book rant, so if that's not your thing, I'll see you later.

I am finishing the last book in the Dark Tower series by Stephen King and I am in complete denial. I'm just reading along, pretending there's another book in the series, ignoring the fact that after about 400 pages I will be left destitute in my Tower-less world.
You might think I'm kidding or exaggerating (and I am just a tiny bit) but you do not realize the way that I immerse myself in books. You mix a great story with charming characters and then you make that into a mind blowing series and I am lost in a parallel universe. For those that have read this series you'll know that the use of the word "parallel' is especially appropriate.
I don't want it to end! Do you think if I stalk Stephen King he'll write another one? No, I don't either.
I can't believe that in a few days (if I really stretch it out), I'll know how it ends. Will Roland get to the Tower? Who of the ka-tet will die? (I hope it's not Oy)
What's going to happen to Mordred?
I want to know and I don't want to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment