My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Snakelings

My sister called a few hours ago to tell me that the first Burmese baby had hatched! She said he is very cute, green and brown. I wonder if any of the babies will be albino, like their daddy. I hope so.
Unfortunately, in the state of Florida you need a permit to have a Burmese python, so I can't get one. Otherwise, you can imagine how fast I would have made it to the center this morning.
It's so frustrating, especially when I know both of the parents and have handled the father quite a bit. Oh well, hopefully they go to good homes.

I just finished baking banana bread. It's a little different from the recipe I usually use, but I was getting a bit bored. This one uses more bananas.

Here's the recipe:

2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups mashed bananas

Sift flour, add baking powder, salt. In another bowl, beat butter and sugar. Add cinnamon, vanilla extract, eggs. Add the bananas. Mix well. Add the flour mixture, until just blended. Bake at 350 F. for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment