My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, July 8, 2010

Triple Threats


That is not my picture and she or he is most definitely not one of my snakes. That is a black mamba, probably my favorite venomous snake. If I had my way and if I were more experienced (and had a permit, and did not have family members worrying, etc) that's the snake I would get. Alas, I can only dream.
Most people think the King Cobra is the ultimate snake, but for me, although I love the cobras also, the mambas are the most impressive snakes. Especially the black ones. They are incredibly venomous, aggressive, and fast. Triple threat.

I am listening to Fiona Apple. I love her songs, too bad her singing voice is not really the prettiest. Actually, it's a pretty ugly voice, but her songs have a kind of power that make you forget (most of the time) her vocal faults. I wonder when she's going to come out with a new album, it's been a few years.

This week I did not make my sister get me a live pinkie for Tybalt. I am going to attempt to feed him a dead one tomorrow and see if I can get him back to eating pre-killed items. I really hope so.
Topkapi was already looking for food this afternoon. Sorry Topkapi, you're a day early.

By the way, I started a live journal account. It's mostly about books, reviews, recommendations, etc. So if that's something you might be interested in here's the address: http://valca85.livejournal.com/
Comments, questions, snide remarks are welcomed.

I started another part in my magical training today. After weeks of doing the LBRP (Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram) it was time to step up to the next challenge. This next ritual is called the Middle Pillar Ritual. It is performed after teh LBRP, but before the Tarot contemplation. I did not have it fully memorized today, but even so I could already feel what a strong tool it will be in the future. Looking forwards to truly learning it.

No comments:

Post a Comment