My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Maat


That's my new baby, Maat. The name is Egyptian, and it means truth, balance, order, justice. It's also the name of a Goddess of Ancient Egypt, which doesn't hurt. I thought it beautifully appropriate for MY new ophidian goddess.
She is seriously cute. Her eyes are huge compared to the rest of her head so she has that wide-awake look that is always funny. She hasn't shed yet, which means I still haven't see her in all her glory. I am looking forward to that and to taking more pictures of her.
I tried this morning feeding her a thawed pinkie, but she was not interested. Hopefully I can tempt her in the next few days. I'm pretty sure she hatched only a couple of weeks ago, so she probably hasn't eaten anything yet which gives me a good chance of training her to eat pre-killed mice.
She also has the sweetest personality, and is not scared of anything. The first day I got her, she was crawling all over my hands and up into my hair. Little brave beauty. I can't stop looking at her.

I am baking some cookies, they're actually in the oven now.
Here's the recipe:

2 cups flour
1 cup butter
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of salt
preferred jam

Mix flour, salt. Add sugar, butter, milk, vanilla extract. Roll into balls, press center with thumb. Put spoonful of jam inside. Bake at 350 F. for 15-20 minutes (depending on thickness).

No comments:

Post a Comment