My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, July 23, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 17

Today it was Coral's turn not to eat. She decided that she was refusing the mouse, no matter how many times I placed it enticingly in front of her face. She is looking a bit on the chunky side anyway, so a week without eating will do her some good.
Topkapi has not shed yet, but she doesn't have blue eyes anymore, so she might take a mouse tonight. We'll see.

This morning I took Barbossa out on his walk in the upstairs hallway. I had brought my laptop and I had placed it on one of the stair steps and with me sitting on the step below. As soon as I opened up the laptop and turned it on, my baby decided that he needed to investigate. Now, if you've read any other entry you'll know that Barbossa is not what I would call brave. Understatement of the century. So I was quite stunned by his impulsive behavior. I did not want to move a muscle and scare him, so I stayed really still while he flicked out his tongue and traversed the plains of my keyboard. He, of course, pressed down all kinds of keys, so my poor computer was going a bit nuts behind his head, but he continued walking. He continued down my lap, another surprising thing, since he still thinks I'm about to beat him with a stick half the time. All in all, quite an interesting adventure he had while I was trying to check my email.

I finished "Interpreter of Maladies" by Jhumpa Lahiri yesterday and I quite enjoyed it. I am not one for short stories, but most of these kept me entertained and felt important, which is a problem sometimes. Some authors give you little vignettes that might be well written but really mean very little. Substance does not equal length and vice versa.

No comments:

Post a Comment