My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Monday, July 19, 2010

Famous Snake

All the babies have hatched at the center. I think there were six of them in total, with two eggs that were not fertilized. My sister says that they are really feisty, striking at everything that moves around them. They still haven't shed, like most snakelings do, so they probably won't eat yet. Hopefully they are drinking water, though.
Yesterday, they had "Lizard Day" at the wildlife center, which is a day where you can bring you lizards and showcase them, with the chance of winning some fun herpetological prizes ie. heat lamps, magazine subscriptions, feeding tongs, etc. I didn't go because lizards are really not my thing. My sister was working so she got to see some cool monitor lizards and iguanas.
They are going to have "Snake Day" in August, and of course I will be there cheering for my ophidian friends. I never take any of my babies because they get needlessly stressed, but a lot of people take their beautiful, unique specimens in the hopes of winning "best in show". You get to see a lot of cool snakes.
Last year, Venom One brought a pair of black mambas in a huge cage so people could get relatively close to them. They were incredible. The year before, which is even cooler, they did a presentation with the black mamba that was in the movie "Kill Bill" (volume two, I think). A movie star snake!

I finished "The Swan Thieves" a few days ago. If you are interested in a review, head over to my other page by clicking on the link on the right called The Auburn Haired Magician.

No comments:

Post a Comment