My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Thursday, April 15, 2010

Slithering Lightning

Before I left for my acting class this morning I decided to take Coral out. I only take her out during the day because she is diurnal, so she does go to sleep at night. Well, she also sleeps during the day, but that's just because she's lazy. She had her whole body against one of the sliding glass doors, and I had to really maneuver to get her out of the way so I could slide it open. She was not too happy with that. I mean, it was a bit early, so I did disturb her beauty sleep. But being the thoughtless human I am, I took her out anyway. Seriously, this snake is on some type of drug. Trying to hold on to her is like trying to hold on to a lightning bolt. She squirms, bounces, slithers, whatever she can do to get out of my hands. I'm really not that bad! It's actually pretty silly of her, because if I do happen to let go, she'll go crashing to the floor. Surely my company is better than a flat skull.

I only have one more week of acting class. I've really enjoyed it and I am a bit disappointed there won't be another one until next spring. I am planning on registering for an acting workshop though, so that should fill the void until I'm able to take that class. Today the people who had not done their monologues got up there and reviewed them. Some of them are really bad memories. Even the teacher commented that our class is one that's had the most terrible experiences. I guess we are a bunch of really screwed up kids.



This is Vincent. Isn't he just adorable! He has learned to drink water from a bowl, which is a great relief on all of us. He eats pretty much anything you put in front of him. That includes grapes, granola bars, pop tarts, cranberries, rice, ham, cheese, cereal, strawberries, yeah pretty much anything. Now that we have a healthy rat we see the difference between his behavior and poor little Gustav's. He was obviously quite sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment