My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Friday, April 23, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Friday Part 6

Tybalt ate!!! Sound the trumpets, ring the church bells and start the parade! I am so relieved. When I first put the pinkie in front of him, he did not seem to want it, and I prepared myself to worry some more, but I kept at it and finally he opened his mouth and took it. It's the best thing in the world when you see a reluctant eater push his nose against the mouse and then open it and start swallowing. Well, maybe not THE best thing in the world, but close.
CocoRosie did not eat today. She was laying away from her usual spot, I'm not quite sure why (I checked for poop and there was none). She was curled up in plain view, which is not her usual behavior. She always wants to stay hidden, so I guess she was feeling more ferocious than usual. I put the frozen/thawed mouse in front of her and she struck. She usually starts to eat immediately, she doesn't waste time constricting a very dead mouse, but today she dropped it. I maneuvered around her coils, (obviously avoiding the end with teeth), picked the food up and offered it again. She struck but did not hold on. She was quite pissed, but not really hungry. She reared up and hissed once. She got in the feared S position but with almost half of her body suspended in the air, which makes her a pretty impressive sight. I love her spunk.
I left her alone. She's probably shedding because she never misses a meal except before her eyes turn blue.

Topkapi just yawned. I love to see that, it is just so freaking cute. I never have a camera when I need one! I have her on my lap and she has half her body inside my shirt, her belly against my side. Too adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment