My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ranting

So much for posting the recipe and pictures yesterday. I got hooked watching LA Ink with my sister and forgot all about it.
Today Barbossa ate his two mice. I was supposed to get him three but they didn't have anymore at the store. That's something I just don't understand. Don't they do inventory? Can't they tell they're running out of mice? Someone in the store has to have enough brains to think "we're almost out of mice, maybe I should order more". It's not rocket science, guys.
I just get irritated when one of the only stores that carries feeder mice is full of incompetents. Do your jobs people!

Topkapi is sleeping behind me, on my pillows, in my bed. My mom saw her today after not having seen her in about two weeks and she was amazed at how big she is. I don't notice because I see her every day, twice a day, so it's too gradual a change, but she is looking bigger and chunky. Good chunky, not obese.

Today officially started the summer season for me. I know it doesn't actually start until June, but today I was able to use the pool for the first time in months. Plus, Miami is not known for it's wonderful, distinctive seasons. We're lucky if we get anything besides "surface-of-the-sun" hot.
The water was wonderful, so refreshing. I'll have a tan in no time, which I hate, by the way. I go to the beach and while everyone puts on suntan lotion, I pile on the sunscreen like my life depends on it. I HATE tans.

Here is the late recipe with the pictures. I made Cocoa Meringues.

3 egg whites
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla extract (I didn't have any so I used almond extract and a splash of vodka)

Beat the egg whites until frothy. Gradually add the sugar and beat on high until glossy. In another bowl, mix the cocoa powder and the vanilla extract. Slowly add to the egg whites, beat some more. Place in prepared baking sheet by the spoonful. Bake at 275 F. for 25 minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment