My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Saturday, April 10, 2010

Feeding Frenzy Saturday!

Doesn't sound quite as spiffy.

Well, the play is over! We all did a really great last performance yesterday and we are all resting today. It's been a crazy, crazy week.
There were 4 plays (including ours), written, performed and directed by students, so it was pretty interesting to see. We all stepped up the energy in the last performance, all the casts did, and we had a packed house. I mean PACKED. We had to put extra seats on the sides. In our play, we had a little choreographed dance number and we had to really pay attention to where the audience members were. The last thing we needed was to smack someone in the face while we where twirling our little hearts out.
It was fun.

Today I have to feed my babies! I was gone all of yesterday and I was too exhausted last night when I got home to feed them.
When I went to turn the lights on in the garage, I saw Tybalt raising his head, looking for something yummy to eat. They're so good at telling time! He knew that I was behind on my schedule and he just wanted to remind me that there are little reptile stomachs growling. I know, Tybalt. I am aware of my failures as a snake-mother.
Barbossa has finally shed! So today he will also eat his two mice.

I have some sad news. Gustav, the little rat we were taking care of, died two days ago. No, I didn't feed it to anyone. He had been sneezing a bit, and he wasn't eating too much, so we suspected he was sick, but we didn't know how sick. It was probably a respiratory infection, because he was having a lot of trouble breathing. Maybe he caught something while he was at the wildlife center, and we didn't catch it in time to help him. So, a moment of silence for Gustav, the sweet little albino rat.

No comments:

Post a Comment