My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring!

To all the Christians out there, I want to wish you a happy Easter! Although it is not entirely your holiday, I still want to get off my high horse and wish you all a pleasant day. However, if you or your children do eat chocolate eggs, bunnies, or chicks please give a little thought to the pagan beliefs behind those symbols representing the rebirth of spring. After all we're not eating chocolate crosses, are we?
At my house, we had a great Easter egg hunt. All the dogs were excited and they stared at us like we had finally lost our marbles. Our Basset hound was beyond confused. We found all of the hidden (by our mom and dad) goodies, we think, because they forgot to count how many things they had bought. Last year we found one chocolate egg two weeks after Easter. My parents also bought two ceramic eggs that contain flowering seeds and soil. You tap the egg open and water them, and in a few days you have flowers! They are already watered, and I'm watching them like a hawk to see which one buds first.
There really is nothing like a sugar high at nine in the morning.

Yesterday, my family watched "The Fourth Kind", and let me tell you that is one scary movie. When we rented it, I wasn't sure how scary it would be since it is about aliens and that's something I've never found frightening. And, after the disappointment of "Paranormal Activity", we were all a bit sceptical. But the movie is wonderful. It has a great plot and some seriously chilling images. I don't know if it's all true, if the footage is real, and frankly I don't really care that much. I was entertained AND scared so for me that's a winner.
The next week is a really busy one for me. It is tech week for the play I'm in, so we have rehearsals pretty much every day. I don't know if I'll get to write much, but we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment