My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Water-Works

CocoRosie was hilarious today. She has a huge water bowl in her cage, but I'm never sure if she drinks enough, since I never see her, so I've resorted to using a syringe (without the needle) to give her water drop by drop. I do this mainly to ease my worries and banish the image of finding a raisin-like snake one morning, dead from thirst. I am NOT overly dramatic.
Anyways, today I went with my glass of water to give CocoRosie her liquids. I opened her cage, lifted her knitted shawl, and stuck my syringe-wielding hand inside. She usually has no problem with this, she willingly comes forward and starts drinking eagerly, drop by drop. Today, however, she most emphatically DID NOT want water. She flicked out her tongue twice and then lunged at the syringe, ready to tear it apart. I was a bit surprised, but it is CocoRosie we are talking about-the snake bully, so I gave it another shot. She did the same thing and added a hiss into the mix for good measure. Fair enough. I retreated and left her to her sinister plotting, or whatever it is she spends her days doing.

Today I went to my acting class. We have been woring on our monologues, and today we had to go through them in front on the class. I went first. My monologue is pretty dramatic, and since we are working on method acting, the whole point was to let a personal memory (although what other kind of memory is there?) push it's emotions into the words I was saying. It was surprisingly easier to do than I had thought. I had no problem in bringing tears to my eyes. The majority of us was able to do it; it's incredible how much we have all improved. Next week we have a "dress rehearsal" on Tuesday and then the performance of the monologue on Thursday. It's going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment