My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tired Snakes and Humans

I am exhausted! I just sat down after an all-day crazy schedule. We had the first official performance for the play today, at noon, and it went very well. Everyone's energy was up, and we had a good audience that was really responsive to what was happening on the stage. That's always good. There's nothing worse than an audience who is tired or bored. They don't laugh or gasp at anything, and you can just see the performers start to freak out.

I was able to take Topkapi out this afternoon, right before sitting down to type this, and she has been super lazy again. She drank her water and then I took her up to my room and put her on the bed. She looked around my room in that adorable way she has, lifting her head, moving it like a telescope. Then, when she was satisfied with the room, when she saw that it was up to her standards, she proceeded to slither all along my bed to where the pillows are. Scientists say that snakes are dumb, but I'm not so sure. Topkapi remembers a lot of things, like which are the best hiding spots, that I give her fresh water every day, etc.; she makes associations, so she has to be a little bit intelligent. At least she thinks she is; she walks around as if she were a genius and a movie star. Well, to me she kind of is. Anywaays, she found my pillows, curled up and went right to sleep. I guess she is tired. Maybe she is also doing a play in "snake world". Yeah, I haven't had much sleep can you tell
I wish I had some more pictures to put up, but with the overwhelming schedule this week it's been impossible to concentrate on anything else but the basics, food, sleep, and making sure I have the flask for the show (don't ask).
Tomorrow we have a performance at night, at 7, and Friday we have two, one at noon and one at 7.
Barbossa has still not shed, but I'm sure he is a day away. Hopefully he sheds well. I've been spraying his cage as much as I can, but I haven't been home that much all these days, so we'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment