My experiences as a snake owner and as a snake enthusiast. With a healthy potpourri of other stuff...




Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Slayers

I seem to find myself quite sick. This damn fever won't go away and it is seriously becoming a nuisance. I was not able to go to acting class yesterday. Actually, I was not able to do much of anything yesterday, and I stayed in bed with my trusty bottle of aspirin by my side. I had my sister take care of my snakes and I just lay in bed covered up to my chin in blankets. Today at least I am sitting with Topkapi who truly does not look too concerned about my well being, but who is a ball of sunshine nonetheless.

On Monday, after hearing that I was sick, my sister went out and bought the first season of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series. We have already seen the episodes, but we did not own the first season, only the second and third ones (you can shove the college years, they're a load of crap). Sorry to all the Twilight fans, in my household we are hardcore Buffy fans, no snivelling teenage vampires for us. Anyway, if there are any people out there who have not seen this series, watch it. It is hilarious, dramatic, and most of all entertaining. You will not be bored for one second, Oh, and the special effects and monster makeup are really astoundingly well done, especially for a mid-90's tv show. The acting might not be the best (except for Sarah Michelle Gellar's apparently limitless ability to cry on cue), but it doesn't really get in the way of enjoying the show.

Ok, it's time to drag myself back to bed, so hopefully I'll be able to post some pictures of something, anything, soon. Or I could be dead by tomorrow, really it's a toss-up. No, I kid, I'll probably last until at least Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment